top of page

Wheelchair Vans for Vets

American Flags

VA automobile allowance and adaptive equipment

Do you have a disability related to your military service that prevents you from driving? If you do, you may be able to get disability compensation or benefits

Am I eligible for disability benefits from VA?


You may be eligible for disability benefits if you have a disability that’s related to your service (called a service-connected disability) and that includes at least one of these conditions.

At least one of these must be true for you:

  • You have loss, or permanent loss of use, of 1 or both feet, or

  • You have loss, or permanent loss of use, of 1 or both hands, or

  • You have permanent decreased vision in both eyes: 20/200 vision or less in your better eye with glasses, or greater than 20/200 vision but with a visual field defect that has reduced your peripheral vision to 20 degrees or less in your better eye, or

  • You have a severe burn injury, or

  • You have amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or

  • You have ankylosis in 1 or both knees or hips
    Note: This qualifies you for an adaptive-equipment grant only

Who’s covered?

  • Veterans

  • Service members

What kind of disability benefits can I get?

  • A one-time payment to help you buy a specially equipped vehicle

  • In some situations, one or more adaptive-equipment grants to change a vehicle so it has features like power steering, brakes, seats, windows, or lift equipment to help you get into and out of the vehicle

Review current rates for special allowances

How do I get these benefits?

You’ll need to file a claim for disability compensation and get our approval before buying a vehicle or adaptive equipment. You can apply for—and use—either grant before or after military discharge.

Find out how to file a claim for disability compensation

When you file, you’ll need to show that your disability is service connected or treated as if service connected under 38 U.S.C. 1151.

Learn more about 38 U.S.C. 1151

For the one-time payment to help you buy a specially equipped vehicle

  • You’ll need to fill out an Application for Automobile or Other Conveyance and Adaptive Equipment (VA Form 21-4502).
    Get VA Form 21-4502 to download

  • We’ll pay the vehicle’s seller directly.

For the adaptive-equipment grant

  • If you qualify for adaptive equipment only, you’ll need to fill out an Application for Adaptive Equipment—Motor Vehicle (VA Form 10-1394).
    Get VA Form 10-1394 to download

  • We may pay you, or we may pay the equipment seller directly.

We can help you get a Wheelchair Accessible Vans at little to no cost. 

VA .jpg

As other companies continue to increase their prices on mobility vans we here at Triple S Mobility are staying put for the foreseeable future!
We understand these are tough times and we are doing everything we can to help you get your mobility back! So take advantage of our Great Financing Programs & Great Pricing!!

Triple S Mobility - Ocala

5919 SE 68th St Ocala, FL 34472 

352-579-6528 Office

786-547-1234 Text

bottom of page